We have just released the Phase 2a changes for Virtual Attendance. In these changes, we have updated the students’ attendance reports to show any Virtual/Virtual due to Covid days, including on the students’ report cards. In Phase 2b, we will release the report that will have all Monitor notes and any Medical Absences.
Here are the virtual attendance report changes in Phase 2a:
- Report Card Attendance Table
- The “Short” Attendance Report: This is the report found by:
- Clicking “History” in Monitor
- Clicking “Attendance” on a ReportCard
- Clicking “Print whole class attendance”
- Under Reports / Attendance / By Homeroom / Short
- The “Full” Attendance Report: This is found under Reports / Attendance / By Homeroom / Full
- Individual Attendance Record (more information below)
Individual Attendance Record:
In regards to the Individual Attendance Record, this report allows you to select an individual student and view or edit their attendance data along with their virtual status. You will notice that the notes entered in Monitor will also now appear on this report.
How to Access the Report (two different ways):
- Reports / Attendance / Individual Attendance Record
- Calendar / Individual Attendance Record
How to Use the Report:
- Select a student and click View/Edit
- To change the attendance and/or virtual status of a date, check the box associated with that date, and scroll to the bottom of the screen.
- Refer to the drop-down menu that shows “Present” as the default option.
- Select the appropriate status and click “Change status for…”
The new status options are as follows:
- Present + Virtual: Useful if you need to edit an A (Absent) to Present and Virtual (distance learning by choice)
- Present + Virtual due to COVID-19: Useful if you need to edit an A (Absent) to Present and Virtual due to COVID-19 (distance learning as a mandate)
- Virtual: Useful if you just need to add the virtual designation without assigning or editing the attendance status
- Virtual due to COVID-19: Useful if you just need to add the Virtual due to COVID-19 designation without assigning or editing the attendance status