As the end of the trimester approaches, your teachers will need to go through the ReportCard input process. This means an administrator will allow input, the teachers will enter grades into the ReportCards and then the administrator will close input. From there, you can either print the ReportCards or permission them to be viewed by parents online. Opening up teacher input for 1st Trimester ReportCards will require:
- Changing input for 1st mid-trimester from ‘Allow Input’ to ‘Input Complete’ in ‘ReportCard Input Controls’
- Changing input for 1st trimester ReportCards from ‘Not Yet’ to ‘Allow Input’ in ‘ReportCard Input Controls’
- Having teachers go through the 1st trimester ReportCard input process
- Closing the input process by changing ‘allow input’ to ‘input complete’
If your school is printing report cards, keep in mind that you can allow your parents to view them online. This option will save your school time, money, and the environment. If a parent signature is needed to verify that they have seen the report cards, then you can create a WildCard field where parents can enter in their initials and the date electronically, letting you know they have viewed the report card. Here are the steps to allow viewing online:
- Go to ‘Grades’ then ‘Parent View Controls’
- In the ReportCard column, choose which grade levels will need their ReportCards viewable online and change those grade levels from ‘NO’ to ‘YES’.
- Click ‘Submit’
You will need to make sure that input has been set to ‘Input Complete’ in ‘ReportCard Input Controls’. Click here to read more about setting up a WildCard field for a virtual signature!
Review Your ReportCards! One very important step in creating report cards is to make sure everything has been set up correctly. This requires looking over a report card to double check:
- Course names
- Grade scales/marking codes